There are many tips for selling your car online and people tend to advocate many different methods. There are some tips that can be useful for you regardless of how you end up selling your vehicle. Follow these quick and easy steps and you will be sure to sell your car and get the best deal out of it.
- Make sure everything is up to date. Having a very recent MOT done is much more attractive to buyers than having a car that has an MOT due. An upcoming MOT says to potential buyers “this car could fail and will cost you the MOT for it” where as a very recently done MOT says “this car is in perfect health and the MOT is going to last you”. You will find a recent Mot check will increase the interest in car and speed up the buying process overall.
- Make use of the internet and add your car to a used car park listing online. Many used car park websites are absolutely free to advertise on so there are no extra marketing fees. You can also make sure your car is listed at the price you want for it and it costs you no extra to do so unlike with a printed newspaper advert or car magazine. You can list your car on the website and just wait for buyers to contact you. Best of all, this method is not only free it also lasts as long as you need it to.
- Clean out the car and remove your personality! Selling cars is a similar process to selling a house. To get the best deals and most interest you need to make sure the car is clean both externally and internally as well as make sure you remove those CD’s, rugs and other odds and ends that can clutter up your car. Your car needs to be fresh, clean and roomy so people can easily imagine themselves with your car and their own clutter in it instead!
- Get a window sign for your car. Make everyone aware that the hot little car driving in front of them is up for grabs by making a “For Sale” sign and putting it in your car window. This increases your advertising exposure and doesn’t cost you any extra.
- Look online for a “wanted” section on a used car website. Some online websites offer a wanted section for potential buyers to post adverts for cars they want. Many people already have an idea as to what type of car they want so maybe there are people looking for your exact car already online? You may find that you don’t need to advertise at all because someone in your neighbourhood is already looking for your car.